Level Green: Decatur Morgan Hospital changes visitation policy
DECATUR, Ala. (WAFF) - Update as of 10/20/21: Due to a decrease in COVID-19 cases in the Morgan County area, the Decatur Morgan Hospital has transitioned from high transmission (red level) to a low transmission (green level). The hospital’s visitation policies have changed to Level Green.
GREEN LEVEL VISITATION:
- Hospitalized Inpatient Units: 2 visitors at a time and a person may stay overnight if deemed appropriate by hospital staff
- Critical Care/ICU: 2 visitors at a time
- Emergency Department: 1 visitor per patient, 2 parents/guardians are allowed for pediatric patients
- Outpatient Surgery: 2 visitors per patient at a time
- Inpatient Surgery: 2 visitors at a time, Visitors may rotate, a support person may stay overnight if deemed appropriate by hospital staff, 2 visitors per patient allowed to wait in surgery waiting
- Labor and Delivery: 2 visitors at a time, a support person may stay overnight if deemed appropriate by hospital staff, siblings are allowed
- Pediatrics: 2 parents/guardians
- Psychiatry: 1 visitor per patient during designated visiting hours
Decatur Morgan Hospital is officially in the red zone when it comes to visitation policies.
As of August 17, COVID-19 patients are not to have any guests or visitors. The only exceptions are for end-of-life visits, labor and delivery patients who are allowed one guest, pediatric patients who are allowed one parent or guardian.
The hospital has three visitation levels: green, yellow and red. Officials with the hospital announced it is now in red which means high transmission and all waiting rooms are closed. The following changes are effective immediately.
RED LEVEL VISITATION:
- Hospitalized Inpatient Units: 1 visitor allowed, must stay in room.
- Critical Care / ICU: ICU visitors are given instructions upon patient admission.
- Emergency Department: 1 visitor once the patient is settled in their ED room, 2 parents/guardians are allowed for pediatric patients, no lobby visitation.
- Tests and Procedures: No visitors unless special assistance is required or recommended by provider.
- Inpatient Surgery: 1 visitor allowed, must stay in room. The visitor must wait in the car during surgery.
- Labor and Delivery: 1 support person; A support person may stay overnight if deemed appropriate by hospital staff.
- Pediatrics: 2 parents / guardians.
- Psychiatry: Virtual visitation as appropriate.
These visitation guidelines apply on all Decatur Morgan Hospital campuses.
View the full visitation chart below:
Copyright 2021 WAFF. All rights reserved.